Thursday, May 8, 2008

SLEEP and WAKE Windows Vista at Scheduled Times

While the purpose of a NAS box is primarily to be always on, in these days of climate change, leaving a computer on 24/7 doesn't seem like the right thing to do. So I'm going to limit the on time for the NAS to be only during my waking hours but depending on my usage habbits, I'll probably make it even less than that.

Vista seems pretty content entering S3 sleep state so I looked for a way to schedule Vista to goto sleep at a certain time and wake up at a certain time. Shouldn't be too hard no? Well I couldn't find any step by step instructions for how to do this so here we go....


UPDATED: All the tools you need are here. Don't waste time with anything else! TOff to schedule SLEEP, and WakeupOnStanday for the obvious. http://www.dennisbabkin.com/php/m_download.php

No comments: